We're Hiring: Bar Manager/Supervisor
Elsie May’s Electric Lounge Café & Bar in St Neots is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Bar Manager to join the fantastic team!
We are looking for a committed and passionate person that has previous experience in bar management or a team leader/supervisor role. You must be proactive, results driven and have a proven track record in growing and developing bars to their full potential.
In return for your hard work you will become part of the friendly Elsie May’s family, where you will have the opportunity to make the bar your own.
We love ideas and we like to be different, so if this sounds of interest to you, please contact us with a covering letter and your CV.
As one of Elsie May’s key team members, the bar manager must ensure the bar operates smoothly, with good staff management and sufficient stock at all times. The bar manager must have a proven track record in managing, developing and growing night life in a small town venue. They must be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintain a courteous demeanour with customers, as well as effectively manage staff and budgets.
Strong leadership and personal management are key skills, and the focus and commitment to Elsie May’s core brand values must be met at all times. The bar manager must pay close attention to all operations details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guest and job satisfaction of staff, as well as the financial success of the establishment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage business aspects of the bar such as suppliers, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Staff management including training, hiring and preparing weekly schedules. Provide backup coverage in case of employee absence and adjust staffing as necessary to meet business demands
- Monitor inventory of beverages to ensure adequate stock is maintained and to prevent excess pours or abuse by staff.
- Plan and take part in events and promotions
- Oversee cleanliness of staff and physical bar area, paying special attention to possible health hazards and code violations. Currently to ensure cleanliness to adhered to as per the Covid 19 guidelines
- Review sales and beverage costs, and reconcile any discrepancies in accounting.
- Diffuse and difficult situations, resolve customer complaints promptly and according to company guidelines.
- Oversee the preparation of beverages and ensure quality of product served.
- Maintain a fun and safe atmosphere for customers at all times.
- At least two years experience in bar/evening trade management including staff management
- A positive outlook and be able to take the initiative
- Bring your own ideas to the business and be able to initiate them
- Knowledge and understanding of using point of sale software
- Extensive working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of regulations related to alcohol service and health code compliance
- Competency in resource management in inventory control
- Be customer driven and have excellent customer service management and communication skills.
- Must be reliable and have exceptional time keeping
- Experience in making cocktails is preferred
- Experience in using social media channels for business use and a good understanding of how to promote the business using online channels
Contract type: Part-time (Friday & Saturday nights and some other nights depending on private events)
Salary: £10.00-£12.00 per hour
How to apply: Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com