We're hiring: cocktail bar supervisor
Elsie May’s Electric Lounge Café & Bar in St Neots is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Cocktail Bar Supervisor to join the fantastic team!
The small family run business has been open for over two years and is based just off the Market Square in St Neots in the old electricity showroom. It was originally opened in 1929 to ‘showcase electricity’ when electricity first arrived in St Neots.
Now Elsie May’s Electric Lounge is bringing back some of the original showroom features in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere where you can enjoy a cold drink, light lunch or an afternoon tea.
The café is open day time serving light breakfasts, lunches, cakes, coffees and afternoon tea. The bar (currently closed due to Covid-19) opens on Friday and Saturday nights serving cocktails, wines, gins, craft beers and ales with regular live music events.
We are looking for a committed and passionate person that has previous experience in mixology, cocktail making and supervising a cocktail bar. You must be proactive, results driven and have a proven track record in growing and developing bars to their full potential.
In return for your hard work you will become part of the friendly Elsie May’s family, where you will have the opportunity to make the bar your own.
We love ideas and we like to be different, so if this sounds of interest to you, please contact us with a covering letter and your CV.
As one of Elsie May’s key team members, the cocktail bar supervisor must ensure the bar operates smoothly, with cocktails and other drinks being made efficiently and a high standard. The right person must have a proven track record in mixology, developing and growing night life in a small town venue. They must be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintain a courteous demeanour with customers, as well as effectively manage staff and budgets.
Strong leadership and personal management are key skills, and the focus and commitment to Elsie May’s core brand values must be met at all times. The cocktail bar supervisor must pay close attention to all operations details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guest and job satisfaction of staff, as well as the financial success of the establishment.
- Design and oversee the cocktail bar menu, with good understanding of gross profit margins and pricing.
- Training other members of staff in cocktail making and mixology
- Monitor inventory of beverages to ensure adequate stock is maintained and to prevent excess pours or abuse by staff.
- Plan and take part in events and promotions such as cocktail making masterclasses and tasting events.
- Design, organise and promote cocktails of the week & month
- Review sales and beverage costs, and reconcile any discrepancies in accounting.
- Diffuse and difficult situations, resolve customer complaints promptly and according to company guidelines.
- Oversee the preparation of beverages and ensure quality of product served.
- Maintain a fun and safe atmosphere for customers at all times.
- At least two years experience in cocktail making and mixology
- A positive outlook and be able to take the initiative
- Bring your own ideas to the business and be able to initiate them
- Knowledge and understanding of using point of sale software
- Extensive working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of regulations related to alcohol service and health code compliance
- Competency in resource management in inventory control
- Be customer driven and have excellent customer service management and communication skills.
- Must be reliable and have exceptional time keeping
- Experience in using social media channels for business use and a good understanding of how to promote the business using online channels
Start date: immediately
Salary: £10.00-£12.00 per hour