We're hiring: Head Baker
Elsie May’s Electric Lounge is expanding! We’re looking for an experienced Head Baker who loves a challenge and can help us launch our new bakery.
The role would ideally suit someone who is a team player with great leadership skills, can thrive and adapt easily under pressure and has a real passion for all things bread and patisserie.
You would ideally be an experienced Head Baker and have previous experience in running the day to day operations of a bakery including managing the bakery team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage daily operations for Elsie May’s bakery, ensuring correct procedures are in place
- Work with the sales manager to build a good product offering, analyse KPIs and manage the production of goods according to customer demands
- Lead, manage and train members of the staff where required
- Oversee and organise work schedules and rotas
- Manage stock levels appropriately, order stock as and when required and undertake regular stock rotation/stock checks
- Ensure opening and closing duties are completed correctly with exceptional attention to details
- Ensure cleanliness of the building, equipment and facilities are to the highest standards at all times
- Support the sales strategy and improve sales across all aspects of the business
- Ensure inventory and maintenance is correctly recorded including wastage
- Handle guest complaints according to provided guidelines
- Designated keyholder
- Minimum of two years experience in a bakery production and management role
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Organised and capable of multi-tasking with exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for artisan baking, breads, patisserie and cakes
- High standards of personal hygiene and personal appearances
- Ability to be on feet for several hours at a time
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work as part of team
- Excellent time management
- Ability to understand and analyse KPIs and sales charts
- Excellent people person with the ability to train less experienced members of the team.
Contract type: Full time, permanent contract - 40 hours minimum per week with early morning starts (3am-4am)
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
How to apply: Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org