We're Hiring: Head Chef
Elsie May’s Café, Bar, & bakery is looking for an experienced head chef can help us launch a new tasty evening food menu to compliment our current drinks offering.
The role would ideally suit someone with a passion food who can create a mouth-watering menu from simple and local produce, can effortlessly manage a busy kitchen working with a small team and can thrive and adapt quickly under pressure.
For this role, you would need to demonstrate you have with previous experience in managing a kitchen in a bar and/or restaurant with the ability to manage staff effectively and design suitable delicious menus with a good knowledge food profit margins.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage evening food for Elsie May’s bar, ensuring correct procedures are in place
- Work with the Bar Manager and General Manager to develop a delicious food menu to compliment our evening drinks as well as design menus for special events and private bookings.
- Experience of managing suppliers and working with fresh produce
- Ability to maintain profit margins on food and analyse KPIs
- Manage, motivate and train members of the staff where required
- Oversee and organise work schedules for the kitchen team
- Manage stock levels appropriately, order stock as and when required and undertake regular stock rotation/stock checks
- Ensure opening and closing duties are completed correctly with exceptional attention to details
- Ensure cleanliness of the building, equipment and facilities are to the highest standards at all times
- Support the sales strategy
- Ensure inventory and maintenance is correctly recorded including wastage
- Handle guest complaints according to provided guidelines
- Designated keyholder
- Minimum of two years experience in a restaurant or bar kitchen
- Has experience in working with fresh ingredients and local suppliers
- Organised and capable of multi-tasking with exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for delicious and simple food
- High standards of personal hygiene and personal appearances
- Ability to be on feet for several hours at a time
- Exceptional communication skills
- Management experience
- Excellent time management
- Ability to understand and manage food profit margins
Contract type: Part-time contract - Friday & Saturday evenings with additional private bookings and events on other week nights as well as occasional cover during the day.
Salary: Up to £24,000.00 per year, pro rata
How to apply: Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org