Like many businesses, we’ve had to make a few changes to follow government guidelines and help reduce the spread of Covid-19.
We are doing our best to stay safe during the Coronavirus pandemic. We will be reviewing the government policies and updating where necessary but if you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Please read below for more information on what Elsie May's is doing to keep you and our team safe after 19 July.
- We will still continue to do collections of our delicious homemade cakes and bakes via the website. We shall also be open for takeaways which you can order by popping in or by phoning us on 01480 472683.
- When you arrive at Elsie's, please wait at the main entrance for a member of the team to greet you.
- We will still continue with table service for both the café & the bar so a member of team will come to you to take your order. If you are getting a takeaway, you'll be asked to wait in our garden until your order is ready.
- In line with government guidance, it will be you choice to wear a mask when inside however, the team will continue to wear masks when serving customers.
- Where possible, doors will be propped open so you can walk freely through the building without touching any surfaces.
- There are hand sanitiser stations by the front door and on the counter - please use them when entering.
- Our staff will regularly do cleaning checks as well as sanitising and washing hands regularly.
- We will only allow eight people per table inside.
- Please observe the social distancing guidelines where possible.
- We always recommend you book to avoid disappointment. We only take bookings for tables inside - tables outside will be on a first come first serve basis.
- You will still be able to check in using the QR code on the government’s ‘test and trace’ app policy.
- We’re still doggy friendly and have plenty of treats available behind the counter for our furry friends.